Just finished my second book for 2016 and remembered that I haven't blogged my annual favorites of the books I read this year. Yet again, it wasn't a big reading year for me--but I did read some books that I really loved. Here they are in the order I read them:
- Jessica Santillan, Inheritance. (This was an MFA thesis--but I loved it and hope it will be published some day soon.
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See.
- Paula Hawkins, The Girl on the Train.
- Margaret Atwood, Alias Grace.
- Liz Prince, Tomboy.
- Roxane Gay, Bad Feminist.
- Paula Vogel, How I Learned to Drive.
- Olen Steinhauer, All the Old Knives.
- Margi Preus, West of the Moon.
- Nellie Bly, Around the World in Seventy-Two Days.
And here are some facts related to last year's reading:
I read 33 books.
11 of the books I read last year were 2nd or 3rd reads.
I can barely remember many of the books.
I still like to read.