This Christmas season, I've been reflecting on a couple of whimsical family traditions my family has.
- My dad saving all the gifts he buys for my mother so that I can wrap them
- The gift without a label that my dad always says must be his--and it is . . . because he buys it for himself
- Aunt Rosie's punch, frozen orange juice and sugar crushed and mixed with 7-Up
- My mom's willingness to have a turkey again if we want it . . . and something else if we don't
- The Christmas afternoon movie we usually go to
- The punch lines my brothers and I repeat. Sample: It almoht Cwitmat! (yeah, I know, that means nothing to you if you're not in my immediate family)
- Our favorite Christmas song: Eydie Gorme and Steve Lawrence singing "That Holiday Feeling" which I'll share with you. Merry Christmas!